One of the largest American Banks bought the software assets of one of our clients. After several months of analysis, the decision was made to keep those critical applications which we had developed and to integrate them within their IT environment, with the necessary task of meeting their safety, deployment and operation requirements.
Install a suite of critical applications and its relevant data in an hyper-structured and ultra-restrictive IT environment in terms of security
- Integrate new protocols of authentication and accessibility for users, services and applications (security certificates and channel secured)
- Select all but only the data required to be transferred
- Purify and modify millions of code lines to make sure:
- that nothing bound to the former environment remains
- that the applications can run in the new environment with different versions for diverse tools, OS and products, as well as with the withdrawal and addition of diverse tools and products
- that the access to the application, by the users, works according to the new access protocols
- that applications will run on the client side (users’ stations), with a minimum of rights
- Proceed with the secure transfer of data within a weekend
For the data, we developed a set of SQL scripts to execute the transfers AND a set of scripts to validate the results; these being the most demanding.
For executing the transfer, we have proceeded in phases.
- Prepare an IT environment as close as possible to the one we seek
- Compile each module bringing the minimum possible modifications while noting defects to be corrected
- Inventory, group and prioritize defects and comments
- Correct code defects while taking into account a very tight schedule
- Create the tests environments and code the tests scripts
- Plan and execute phases of tests and modifications